Monday, November 8, 2010

Paint the Town 5K

This is Sueann and I's annual 5K, our first 5K we ever did. This time Stacy was joining us from Kansas.  We all met up at the race site and Brad (one of our training buddies) found us and we got to meet his lovely wife Kathy. We headed over to the start and the 4 of us started out together. I was feeling some pressure in my side (I had been in the ER several days earlier with a large ruptured ovarian cyst) so I held back some and let Stacy slip ahead while Sueann and I hung a little back. Brad joined us and for the first mile we were cruising, hitting the 1 mile mark at around 10:18. By this time, I was really feeling my right side, stabbing pains intermittent with dull pain. I told them go and I started to walk. As soon as the pain eased I was running again. I'd continue this routine until the end. I almost caught Brad and Sueann a couple of times but the pain would kick back in and I'd have to walk again. It was a nice cool morning and I'd have loved to seen what I could do had I not had the issue. I finished in 33:53 with walking quite a bit. Stacy was 30:30 a PR for her and a major PR for Sueann at 32:13. Kevin had actually shown up, so the boys were there and Bren got to run his first race and Cody got to run his 3rd. They had a blast!! We went to breakfast at this little diner that serves only local ingredients and local eggs from local farmers. It was yum, I had the veggie omelet with whole wheat toast. We headed home, changed, headed out to Wekiva Springs to go kayaking. We ended up getting a tandem, since I didn't know how good the twisting from kayaking would do with my side. I'd have been happier in a single, but well, health first! After kayaking we headed back dropped them off, went by and saw Cody at Riley's bday party. Then we headed back to pick them up for dinner. We went to That's Amore then Mango Tango for dessert. I was happy to call it an early night and went to bed early to sleep!


It's been a crazy week, catching up and what not. I am hoping to be 100% this weekend as I have a 9 mile run scheduled Saturday, Cody has his final game of the season at 8:30 so it will be an early run, then the end of season party. I'm hoping to get some rest as we have Beach Palooza and need to be there at 1. After, I'm going to have a beer and a lot of water and relax! Sunday, we have a 6 am 30K race that was a last minute decision. We were scheduled for an 18 miler and then I remembered, this 30K runs most of our route, so we couldnt run there. Decision was made that we'd just pay the $50 entry fee and get the shirt and medal for completion of our training run...we are bad, I know. It couldn't have fallen more perfectly though. Those 18 milers are tough with little motivation LOL. 

Next weekend we have our fall back week. However, we will be enjoying our Saturday run free, no soccer games (ok not enjoying this part) before heading over to St Pete to hang out with one of our favorite west coast (of FL) girls...Mary!!! We'll be running the St Pete Women's half with her and several other of our runner friends!!

The following weekend MARATHON #2!!!! It's a training run, but I hope we PR...shouldn't be hard unless something goes horribly wrong or I have another bout with my lady parts...it's around the time this one happened in my cycle. I have the ultrasound the week after and well, I'm nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment