Saturday, February 14, 2009

Catch Me If You Can 5K

This was not my best day! I didn't feel good when I got up, no appetite, got a little water in, but that's about it. I had gels with me to get down before the race so I'd have some sort of calories. I picked up Sueann, we headed towards Orlando, pulled off and had to find the park we were starting from. Sueann was also fighting some stomach issues, she thinks it was nerves. We get to the race start, pick up our packets, head to the bathroom, got our pre race pic, it will be up later, I have very little time to write this, dropped stuff off at the car and went to warm up. I needed it, I was still sore from my sprints. We stretched and lined up. The race was really big for a first time race! I think the concept attracted a lot of people! I hit my garmin when I went across the start line. I was dodging people and finally found a good place and pace. We ran through downtown Sanford and when we hit mile 1 I was at 9:34. I was doing really well, still feeling sick, but it was manageable, by mile 2 my stomach was really churning. I was at 19:12 when they called the split. In the third mile I was feeling really sick, I gave in and walked. I realized I was less than 1/2 a mile out so I started running again. My stomach really not agreeing with me! I saw the finish line, picked up the pace and then sprinted the end. Garmin read 30 minutes on the nose!!!!! Gun time was 30:48. Either way, I did it! I beat my last time and I walked for 2 minutes because I was so sick. I still feel really ill, we have a birthday party to go to, then I'm coming home and laying down.

Sueann also nailed her run and came in in the 36 minute range.

Hoping for my 10K next week I feel better!

Oh and the women swept the race...even though it was only a 3 minute head start!

No comments:

Post a Comment