Monday, March 30, 2009

Holy jumping armadillos!

It's been awhile since I've run. Actually, since the Rock N Run. Two races back to back with hills, a bit much on my legs. Sueann and I were supposed to do a rebuilding run yesterday 5-6 miles, but severe thunderstorms kept that from happening. Well, we were bummed. She calls me about 5 to let me know her husband had offer to watch all 5 boys so we could go run. He's a BRAVE, BRAVE man!

I get out to her farm, drop the boys off, we load up in her car and drive to the nearest housing addition. I'm feeling rather rested from 6 days off and I get all crazy-like and start running the hills off the path, the path minds you backs up to the golf course and well, the hills were around the sand traps. Some were steep! It was fun though and well, I shouldn't have done that in the first mile! We go down to her 2 mile mark (my Garmin is off as I didn't do her straight run, I ran hills, ran down random roads and back, etc) then I marked out the next 1/2 mile and told her where to turn. We are running back, and I have a horrible problem with running too far ahead, and there is an armadillo. I am all alone the only witness to the evil that is me. I louldy went PSSSST and immediately started laughing when the poor creature flew straight up in the air and came down scrambling. I couldn't believe that little thing could jump so high! I laughed for about a 10th of a mile.

I was happy with my run, 5.5 miles, my pace was all over the place, but between running hills, jogging with Sueann, playing chicken with a car, it's OK. It was fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment