Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rock N Run 5K - a PR!!!!!

This morning started early, 4:30 early! I get up, get dressed, get to Sueann's where I got a really good laugh!! I was switching cars from mine to Sueann's and one of her dogs was doing something, so she yelled at him, he took off running and ran smack dab into her husband's car, we both couldn't stop laughing.

With that fun little scene playing through our heads, we drove out to Eustis in the chilly air. We get there a wee bit too early, they are just getting there! It was an hour and a half until the race started. We hung out in the car, went to the bathroom, back to the car, then got our packets. We hung out, got our pre-race photo we didn't get yesterday since I forgot the camera! Found Sueann's friend Michelle who was running it, chatted some then headed over to the starting line. We were disappointed this wasn't a chipped race, then found out the chips were in our bibs! I though the other number in there with the weight on it was because they only gave everyone 2 safety pins, turns out it wasn't a weight!

So we start running and to my horror, realize we are running up a giant hill, then I look at the plus side, we finish by where we start, which means ALL downhill!!! Well, we are running, and keep going up and down all these hills, bigger than the ones we ran yesterday! I think the fatigue hit my thighs at 2 miles, I was debating a walk up a hill when my lovely Garmin told me I only had 1/2 mile left!!!! I ran up that hill, knowing I'd be going back down soon! I cross back over and down through the chute knowing even the chipped time was a PR, when I stopped the Garmin I was at 30:10, the gun time was 30:27! I'm getting closer to a sub 30 minute 5K!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment