Saturday, March 14, 2009

St Patrick's Day fun run and the joining of a club...


Well, despite the fact I ran a 10K (well most of it) this morning, I decided to take Cody and Brendan to my local running store for a fun run that was being put on by a running club I had been talking about joining for the past 6 months. We get to Spikes, get our name tags, chatted with Donna, the VPs wife, who had just got back from the Gate River Run 15K, and waited on Sueann and her family to get there. We all headed out and since the little ones were running a mile, Sueann and I stayed with them. I really wanted to do the 4 miler, but I didn't want to leave my most precious running buddy on his own. Mike, Sueann's husband stayed with Brendan, even though I did have him in the jogging stroller. Cody almost made the entire mile, he fell and skinned his knee on the uneven pavement. I carried him the last .2 mile. We went in, had some Irish food, chocolate cupcakes with mint flavored green icing and some yummy punch. The kids had a blast! Sueann won a year membership to the club, Donna told her she was trying to hold them for us as she really wanted us as part of the club, I didn't get drawn, but I joined anyhow - for 2 years!! This group of runners are the nicest people! We will be running our first club sponsored 5K next month - RayZ Awareness, which I was set on doing anyhow as it is for melanoma research and my mom's side has all died from melanoma. Anything cancer, stroke or heart I will run as they all have affected my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment