Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sandpiper 5K...12 seconds from a PR.

I almost PRed...and I could have easily PRed, but I took a couple of walk breaks going up some hills! I never expected this 5K to be that hilly! The morning was cold, although it was in the 60s, winds have been around 20-30 mph, but we got lucky and weren't affected this morning. Usually, it feels nice at 60, but something this morning made it feel cold! We chatted with some of the other runners we always see at all the races and hit the portapottys. We went window shopping around the center where the race was starting and ending and then went back to get ready for lineup. The run was a nice tree lined neighborhood with lots of hills!!! I did really good at first but I was maintaining a faster pace than I should have been trying for on a hilly course. I took a couple of walk breaks, but finished strong. I missed a PR by 12 seconds...12 (11 to tie!!) I should have run more!!! Was a nice race, I did enjoy it. I felt pretty good considering how my last race went!

No comments:

Post a Comment