Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Busy, busy and busier still

I can't think of the last time I was so obsessed with the gym.  I was in there Saturday and Sunday by 6 am and working out for 2 hours straight.  I can't go to said gym during the week due to childcare, but I am staying focused at home.  Last night, I swam for 30 minutes and then followed that up with an hour of kickboxing.  I was going to get up and go for a run this morning but we had horrible storms last night and the heat and humidity is just too much to bare.  I did get a swim in today when I wasn't being landed on by a belly-flopping Cody or a dare devil Brendan.  I am however planning on getting up tomorrow at 4 am to be at the gym by 4:45 and work out until 6:30 at which time I will need to hit the shower and head to work.  I really wish they had a 24 hour gym closer to home so I could get ready in my own house.  I am running again and it is awesome.  I am maintaining my sanity while raising to very crazy little monkey boys.  

Speaking of crazy boys, Brendan at 21 months is starting to potty train (he actually jumped up while getting his diaper changed and got on the potty by himself!) and has successfully escaped the confines of his crib.  We have resigned to the fact the kid is half monkey and converted his baby bed to a toddler bed.  

Cody, now 4 and very opinionated has moved into the world of super heros!  Batman this, Spiderman that, I am Iron Man and I love Superman.  He now has batman pjs, batman blanket and batman bedding.  He enjoys youtube.com and lego.com and actually knows how to power up his computer and launch the sites and type in choo choo in the youtube search box.  I got him one of our old laptops from work so he would leave ours alone, but he prefers to sit in here on his big computer or hover over us if we have the laptop begging to watch the trailer of Up, one more time.  I'm hoping when I take him to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs he doesn't break down screaming but I want to see Up AGAIN!  This movie has made its way to the must get movie in our house.  He loved it.  He couldn't sit through Wall E, but Up, he begged immediately to see it again.  

The boys are a handful and keep me busy 90% of my time with them.  I wish they harassed their father half as much as me or each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment