Monday, June 29, 2009

A day off...

I ran 4.25 yesterday at 5:30 am.  It was 78 degrees with 97% humidity.  It was hot!!!  It's the longest run I've done since the hip issue.  I met Sueann at Snap, we parked, geared up and ran, I was running ahead and found some trails (paved) so we explored them.  The run felt good and I really missed the feeling, I don't like the hot, humid part of it though.  I was dripping sweat, hair matted to my head, etc by the time we were done.  Wow, 43 minutes at an easy pace, so the heat wouldn't kill me, you'd think I'd have only been a little sweaty!  I stretched while I waited on Sueann to finish her run, then we went into Snap for a lower body session and a cool down.  We went through the whole regimen, glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves, hips, abs and back before ending our 3 hour outing with a 30 minute bike ride, doing hills.  

Later, we met back up at the beach and took the boys out into the ocean since it was eerily calm.  Brendan loved it.  Cody who flipped out when he couldn't see his feet went back into the shallow.  We had pods of dolphins feeding just out from us, tossing fish in the air.  I've never got to witness this so close!  After a couple of hours in the sun, it was time to head home, where I almost got caught up with laundry and did some odds and ends around the house.  

Today though, I took the day off.  I'm tired, I didn't eat healthy at all today, I decided I was blowing it all and tomorrow, I would get up and run and go back to healthy.  I bought several flats of berries; strawberries, raspberries and my favorite, blackberries.  I also got some bananas, so tomorrow the focus is fruit.  I also have some baby arugula for a salad, I'll toss in a little chicken, some raspberries and a light raspberry vinaigrette for lunch.  

Boring, I know, but one day when I'm not so exhausted I'll have to write the way my head wants to, not my fingers, flying through so I can go lounge on the couch with my 2 favorite cuddle buddies.  As I speak, they are playing in a bubble bath together.  

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment