Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Somethings just hit you...

Running is a road to self awareness and self reliance. You can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the Earth spin at your feet. But, when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for the moment everything seems right in the world.
-Author Unknown

This was in a newsletter from my running club today. I am struck by just how true it is and how I will be learning my physical and mental boundaries as I train for my next 4 big races. I am going to be pushing my body to the brink. I am going to take on 3 13.1 mile races in 2 1/2 months and then focus on the marathon. I will be running some 5Ks and 10Ks while I train, some before and after the big runs. I know my body will feel things it hasn't felt before and it will tell me to stop and this is where I have to become mentally strong. If my body wins, my mind loses.

I will be thinking about this tonight as I rest my legs from a nice tempo run today. I feel so much better after I run, everything seems right in the world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment