Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chaotic swirls of life and a race registration...

OK, my life has been a little nuts! Friday night Sueann and I were up until midnight making a fabulous birthday cake! I don't care how many calories were in it, we were running 6 miles the next day. So, Sueann assisted me in my passion...we made a mojito pound cake with rum flavored Italian buttercream, yes...ALL from scratch! It was fanflippintastic! I seriously want to make another one to have another slice! We get up Saturday and do our 6 miles, then head home to get some stuff done before meeting up to go shopping for back to school. I wandered into a wine shop and found a delicious Rosso Moscato and decided that could be served post cake. We went our own ways and then I met her at her sister's condo (she was in from NC.) Sueann's mom cooked a yummy meal, then we had cake and wine. Was a nice night, until I dropped my blackberry into the kids' tub! It died and I cried.

We ran our recovery 3 mile Sunday and then I went home to get showered and get my father-in-law so I could use his upgrade to get a new phone, as this was an unexpected expense I couldn't get the new Blackberry I wanted and had heard so many good things about the iPhone, I got one. I
wasn't all excited about it, played with it some then got rather upset when I found out IM can't run in the background. I am stuck with the phone until March as Kevin is using my upgrade in November and in March I can get whatever Blackberry I want and use the iphone as an itouch. I
may end up changing my mind on it, but the lack of efficiency of the phone compared to the BB is crazy!

This brings us to Monday, Cody's first day of PreK. I get home at 10:45 from work, and everyone is still sleeping! Cody's class started at 11:30, I flipped out rushing the boys around to get them ready and fed. Kevin decided at the last minute he needed to change shoes, he took 5 minutes! I had the kids buckled in their car seats and was trying not to flip out. I HATE being late! I sped and got there 1 minute til! I signed him in, got pics, proudly told him to have fun and headed off with Bren
and Kevin to run errands. No tears from Cody or I. When I picked him up he couldn't tell me what they did, he just said I don't know! That's his new standard answer for everything. We all went out for a late lunch and ran some more errands. I passed out when we got home for about 30 minutes. I went and got dinner with Cody and did laundry. I stayed up too late playing Lego Batman with him and paid for it this morning. I missed my 3 miler! I am planning on running it when I get home, yes in the 90 degree heat and humidity! It's my punishment!

Today, I booked Sueann and I's hotel for the Disney 1/2 and we registered for the local Hospice 5K. It was exciting registering for a race again! We still have to register for Daytona and Paint the Town, but that is next paycheck as the hotel and 5K were a little more important! I can't wait to see how I'm doing, although I guess it won't be the same as it will still be hot here. I haven't been training to race, only building my miles! I guess one of my 3 milers this week will end up a 3.1 to test time!

No comments:

Post a Comment