Friday, August 14, 2009

Obsession with the perfect music..

As I sit listening to Cat Power's Lived in Bars I was just thinking I love music, from the obscure to the mainstream, punk to funk, rock to rap, my only requirement, it has to speak to me in some way. I could hate the lyrics but love the beat. I think it is tough finding the perfect running music, I've been so lax at it that I have just been downloading PodRunner BPM mixes, the beat is rocking but I want something fun and funky for 13.1 and 26.2 miles. Songs that will imprint that time and help me get through the roadblocks are going to be crucial. So I start this crazy journey to building the perfect marathon mix. I wish it was as easy as just putting together songs I like, but Cat and Nina Simone are kick back, relax, have a drink and just reflect. I know I do better when I go by BPM, it helps me keep my pace so I don't push too hard, but slower music will slow me down.

So to add to my list of trial music for my run tomorrow -

Pump It Up by Elvis Costello
Am I Sexy by Lords of Acid
Fake Tales of San Francisco by Artic Monkeys
Oh My God by Ida Maria
Mercy by Duffy
Love Struck by V Factory
Mr Brightside by The Killers
Sour Cherry by The Kills
Lose Yourself by Eminem
Love Game by Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment