Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Training begins....

12 Weeks 4 Day until my first half and I have officially started my training!! I had a bump in the road yesterday morning with storms, however I did manage to get my 2.5 mile run in and I learned some valuable lessons. DO NOT under ANY circumstance run within 30 minutes of a mexican dinner!!!! OMG, I almost yacked like 20 times. It could have been the fact also that the gym's thermostat read 86 when I walked by it or the fact I wanted to get done fast so I ran at 6 mph instead of an easier pace considering my full stomach. Anyhow, I got my 2.5 miles in right at 25 minutes.

I had a 2 miler scheduled this morning and the weather was relatively nice. It was not ideal running conditions, but how many people can have ideal running conditions in the summer? It wasn't thundering and that was a plus! Temp was 74, humidity was 96% and according to accuweather, the real feel was 84. The humidity helped as I ran it felt like a cool mist. I misjudged my route and had to double back at the end, I really need to map out my runs. Well I must get ready for work...until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment