Monday, January 26, 2009

6 miles! Now can we speed it up!

Yesterday, despite knowing better to take it off after a race I knew my time was limited to get ready for the Healthy Heart 10K, I went out and ran a long slow distance run of 6 miles (took just over an hour.) I realized real quick at the end the importance of fueling during a run. I really need to get some more sport beans! I hit fatigue in the 6th mile and wanted to give up, thank God for my stubborn streak! I made it through and got my water and then did a nice long stretching session.

I was going to run again today but the fog was sooo thick out and it was too dark so I went with safety and stayed in. I'm hoping the boys will cooperate and let me get in a decent workout tonight. I am running tomorrow, I don't know how far yet, it will all depend on when I get up and how I am feeling. I am planning on 6.5 this weekend..maybe trying for 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment