Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wow...I'm behind!!!

OK, so things have been a little hectic here in the Nash household. The boys got a new playhouse/swing set. We have been outside a lot. Brendan is cutting his eye teeth so he has been VERY CLINGY! He's sitting with Cody right now, behaving so let me catch you up on today and the Deleon Springs 5K.

The morning started off behind. I wasn't feeling too motivated to get out of the house. I was running a little late to get Sueann (her farm is on the way out to the race site) as I forgot to print out instructions to get to the race site. I get Sueann, we have to go back for her sunglasses. Neither of us were on our game. We get to DeLeon Springs and go through DeLeon Springs, turn around and go back. The directions were a little lacking on the site! We ask directions, get there and there are a TON of people! We have to use the restroom pretty bad at this point, but are running close on time, so decide most important is pick up our packets and put our chips and bibs on in line for the potty. We got everything on, had NOT moved 1 person, so I said I'd be right back and ran and put our packets in the car and grabbed my iPod. I turned on my Garmin to make sure I'd have satellites. I jogged back to Sueann, no one had moved!!!! So we and the lady behind us all headed to where they said there were more restrooms. We met our first race person! Her name was Lisa, she also started running when we did. She walked to the start line with us, my car was right there so she snapped a pic for us. We had less than 5 minutes to start. We cozied up in the line to get closer to the start point. The air horn blew and off we went, dodging people. This race was also a 1/2 marathon so we were all intermingled. I hit my Garmin as soon as I crossed the actual start line. The race was all country side that runs along a state park so there wasn't a lot to look at but fields of cows and trees. I hit the 1 mile mark alone, at 10:20 and was happy to see I was ahead of where I was last time. I hit 2 miles at 21:15, still on pace to get a PR. I hit the 3rd mile a little fatigued telling myself to keep it under an 11 minute pace. I saw the finish line around the bend, it said 31:42 and I started sprinting for that finish line! I ran on grass, dirt and asphalt to finish this race. Officially, from airhorn to finish line I completed the 5K at 32:05. According to the Garmin I came in at 31:23 (I could see the extra just trying to get up to the start line.) I still don't care!!! I still got an official PR!!! My previous time was 33:18.

FEMALE AGE GROUP: 30 - 39
Place O'All No. Name Age City St Time Pace
10 126 253 Holly Nash 34 Edgewater FL 32:05 10:20

It was a nice finish too! Lisa, the lady we met in line, met us at the pancake place in the park and we ended up sitting at a long table with more runners from the race. It's the kind of place you cook your own on big griddles in the middle of the table. It was fun talking about upcoming races and getting advice from them on the sprint tri. I left feeling awesome, made a new friend, got great advice and it was a beautiful day!

I got home and did my Boot Camp workout and moved the boys toy chest from their closet into the living room, as they love playing out there with us. I also went to the store, collected more toys from their room for the trash and a garage sale. Now, I'm catching up where I left off here and hoping to keep this back up!

I have tomorrow off from running, then hoping to get 4-5 miles in Tuesday. I have to go to court that day, so I'll be getting home early enough to hopefully do a 30 minute kickboxing workout. I was hoping to get a 90 minute session of yoga in, but they don't have a class until 6 and I will be home with the boys by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment