Saturday, January 31, 2009

A week off and a lot of rain!

It's Saturday and I should be out running the Run Around the Universe at Universal Studios but was asked by the husband to not run today since he had plans with Cody, so we didn't put in our last minute registration. Kevin's plans with Cody got cancelled late last night. Oh well! I have a long run tomorrow, then I need to get some miles in for February as I fell way short on my 80 mile goal this month.

I have 2 races this month. I'm doing the Catch Me if You Can 5K in Sanford on Valentine's Day and the Healthy Heart 10K in Port Orange the following weekend. I'm nervous and excited. I know I can do the distance, but haven't raced a 10K before so don't know how to pace myself yet! That's OK, the first for me is to just set a baseline time to improve on!

I can tell racing season is winding down. I will only be doing 1 race a month March and April, then I start triathlon training for the Tigershark Sprint Tri on June 27th (tentative - final date will be announced February 20th.) After that, it is indoor marathon training! I will wait and see what the fall races look like to get my schedule ready for Sept - Dec! I wanted to do the Firecracker 10K but it is the same day as the Tri unless they change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment