Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bad day for a run

OK, so I went to go run this morning, not a lot of motivation, my calf pain is bothering me and I knew I should take the day off, but I hadn't run but 2.35 miles all week. I get to the park, Sueann and I warm up and stretch (this is something new) and we set off on our run. Her shin is bothering her and my calves are tight. We get 1.5 miles into our run and my iPod locked up and I lost our run data. I was upset, and I mean upset! To make matters worse, my calf now feels like a knife is stuck through it, the discomfort is becoming unbearable and I feel like I am crawling along. Sueann's slowing way down from her shin, so I give in and told her to walk. We walked, ran some more, walked, ran the rest of the way back. I saw the pace of our run before giving up, and I was agitated with myself. Hopefully, my next long run is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment