Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Soggy morning run

I ran this morning, a short run (2.35 miles,) a little disappointed by it. I maintained a good pace, a little faster than normal, but it started raining on me. I was hoping to get 4.5 - 5 miles in this morning. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm taking tomorrow off. I am hoping to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday I'm wanting to up the mileage to 7. I got in 6.3 this past Sunday, so I probably should only go for 6.75 miles, we'll see how I feel. I really need to find a track to do my tempo runs and fartleks to get ready for my 10K. I still have 3 - 4 5K races before my 10K, but I'd like to improve speed for them, I already have my distance down for the 10K, but would like to be running 8 - 10 miles solidly before the race. (This is also putting me on goal for my half marathon in November and hopefully on goal for my full marathon in 04/2010)

Thoughts from this mornings runs:
Black eyes and Christmas pictures. Brendan fell and hit the subwoofer, he has a black eye, putting off any hope of Christmas pictures to send out. Maybe next year we won't be so crazed and be able to get pictures done and sent out.

My dad. I know he's getting older, but I never had a grandfather and I really want my kids to remember him from more than pictures, besides he is my dad I don't want to lose him. This aortic aneurysm is a scary thing.

Sidewalks and Ahole drivers. I am not running on anymore sidewalks! Our sidewalks that run down the main road in our neighborhood are cracked and broken and uneven, very dangerous! Jerks that sit in your path and peel out when you go to run around the back of them. Another reason I'm done with sidewalks!

Insurance. I really need to turn the forms in at work and get on the wellness program so I have a treadmill at my disposal for when things start heating up and for tempo, hills and fartleks. A little cross training wouldn't hurt either

Cross training. I really need to start working out again, not just running. I lose better when I'm doing a little kickboxing and weights in addition to running. I really should put that very nice, but very torturous device in the garage we call an elliptical back into use.

No comments:

Post a Comment