Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday, Friday and 45 minutes on the road!

OK, leg pain...gone! I couldn't wait to hit the road this morning in my original insoles! I still have some achy pain in my knee, but I take it with a grain of salt, because my left knee is fine, it's only in my right which is the reconstructed knee.

I slowed through my run, but I think I jumped out the gate a little excited and on an empty stomach, so I slowed down as I fatigued some. The weather was great. 56 degrees, cool misty fog and Christmas lights! I really could have run longer, but I have to work, so I have to make time for a shower! I'm going to try for an hour in the morning, if I have time before my massage, then see Sunday just how long I can run before I tire out, think I'm going to buy a fuel belt today so I can have water and accelerade with me and some gels or chews. I'm so excited!! I actually have graduated to needing a fuel belt for my long runs!!! Space Coast Half and OKC Memorial Marathon, I'm on my way!!

On another note, my friend down stairs, Joann, the one I have to reset the writer on her printer called this morning to have the writer restarted on her printer. I was teasing her and said while you're printing cards, why don't you print mine up! She laughed and said that's funny, I got your paperwork this morning! I ran down and got my card, however, no gym access until 2/7/09..UGH!

I also bought this very cute Under Armour shirt (see below, but I bought it in short sleeve) and some cute Hind capri running pants. I was going to get a hydration belt for my longer runs, but settled for a bottle with a hand strap and zipper pouch for my gels and chews. I really need to try a few, they only have the fuel belt which feels heavy and doesn't seem like it would breath as well as I'd like, plus I need a pouch for my cell and there wasn't room on it...so I'll shop around. Well, time is running short, I get to move some very large scanners (our medical offices are going paperless) to the Edgewater Facility so they can scan in all their charts!


No comments:

Post a Comment