Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh my feet are in love!

OK...I went to Spikes, I took my old Saucony ProGrid Triumph 5s with me. They looked at my wear patterns. They said there is NOTHING wrong with my gait, the wear patterns show that the shoe is wearing like they'd expect, they also checked the shoe, the cushion was consistent with my mileage and they had not blown out on me as I had thought! It turns out, it's my orthotics causing the issue - say goodbye to those! I also found out I was in an elite shoe, one that is supposed to last to 500 miles! No wonder they were 130!

So, I decided to stay with my current shoes, they are extremely comfortable and they have a nice ride, no black toe, no blisters, the perfect shoe. I am keeping my 5s and I'm the proud owner of the ProGrid Triumph 6s. I tried on the Brooks Defiance, I like them, but they aren't as comfortable as the Sauconys and those long runs getting longer, I really need to not feel the beating of my joints. I did decide I am not that big of a fan of Mizuno Wave Riders, I had tried the 10 before, bypassed it for the Triumphs, now I've tried the newest model and again bypassed for the Triumphs.

Now, to find the insoles to my Sauconys...ugh! I want to run in the morning, but, I have to find the insoles!!! I should also check to see if the days of 5% visibility are gone, it's been major foggy lately!

The conversation at work today is running based...Sheppy smokes, Scott has bet him he can't run a mile without losing a lung, I of course was like, let's go! I said c'mon Sheppy, 10 minutes...that's the most it would take to do a mile, he won't do it! Scott will eventually wear him down, he's good at that, harrassing until you give in to his demands. Sheppy just makes vulgar hand signals when ever Scott gets going, but I know Scott will wear him down!! I'm in on this challenge, we can all line up and go...Scott and I are around the same pace, but if I'm only running a mile I can push harder and beat him, he only runs a mile, I can run 6 at his pace.


The old!

The new!

No comments:

Post a Comment