Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Musings on my impending birthday

OK, so I'm turning 34. I have no plans, no wants, nothing for my upcoming birthday. It feels like just another day to me this year. It's on a Sunday (I had to peek at a calendar) and I think my big birthday treat will be to run 7 - 8 miles that morning and a couple of packets of my favorite energy gel, one for the start, one for the middle and a BIG bottle of water! I don't know, maybe it is the fact that I only have a couple of friends locally or maybe that we just don't have the money to do anything. Tanya is in Tampa, Shawn is in Orlando (plus I haven't talked to her in forever - shame on ME!) Emily is in Norway, Stacy, Lara, Nicolee are in OKC. I wish everyone was here! I'd probably be excited then. I also think since I've been running, partying hasn't had the same appeal. Whoa! Did I just say that?? Maybe I've become too focused and I'm not having enough fun. I think I'll sit this year out and hope for something big for my 35th! I will hopefully be at goal weight so I could go out and not be worried about if I look fat or are they staring at me because I look frumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment