Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fittings and a drunk santa or 50!

Today was a running day, although there wasn't a lot of running involved! We went to Track Shack in Orlando to get fitted, I was recommended the Saucony Ride and some Asics GEL-Landreth 4s. I liked the Sauconys there, I bought some fuel stuff to test and got some free samples of Accelerade. I was also told I had rigid calves. I asked if that was good or bad, she said they are really strong, which is good, but I will have to stretch them a lot which is the bad part.

We decided then to go to Front Running, this is the top store in central Florida for running and tri-athlete's. This is a store that video tapes you. They really slowed my running down on playback and noticed where they thought I was neutral at normal speed, they noticed I was ever other step rolling a little. So they recommended a light stability shoe. They put me in a Saucony Hurricane, nice for a cushy shoe, Saucony ProGrid Guide, and Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8, a little more stiff, and I really think this might be my next shoe. They also had me try on some cute pink Pearl Izumi's, but they didn't feel perfect. I just got some new Balega socks and paid my entry for the Catch Me if You Can 5K, and noted the shoes. I might just be there next week to purchase them!

We are going to a Mizuno precision fit Friday, so after that I will make my decision on shoes.

Onto the subject matter I'm sure got everyone interested in. Sueann and I ran in the Running of the Santas. We went and bought some toys (the entry fee was a new unwrapped toy) and laced up our now old about to be replaced running shoes and took the kids out and ran. Well, there were a lot of people pouring out of the bars to come participate. Our kids were the only ones in it! Poor Brendan and his back eye got some attention and I begrudgingly took a pic, I wish we could have done Christmas pics and actually sent out Christmas cards this year, but...


No comments:

Post a Comment