Monday, December 22, 2008

Wasted weekend and a warm winter

I didn't get out to run this weekend and I feel like a worthless pile for it, but the holidays are almost over and the chaos will be dying down. Saturday I had every intention of getting a good run in, but after a midnight shopping trip the night before I found out the last gym set for the boys was in Sanford, so I made the early morning trek to Sanford to get the gym set. After I got back I had enough time to have breakfast before heading off to get my bi-monthly massage. I, of course, couldn't run after that! However, we did get another trip into Orlando! Cody and Brendan spent some Christmas money at Downtown Disney. Cody has a huge love of Legos these days, and of course, Lego Trains and Fire Stations! $350 later we left Lego and went down to Once Upon a Toy to build a Potato Head and find some fun stuff for Brendan.

Sunday wasn't much better for me. I slept in (OOPS) and the boys got up very shortly after I did, so no morning run for me! We did get around and went to see Santa though. Neither of the boys flipped out this year! Cody is all excited about Christmas and Santa and all that stuff, and horrible mom that I am, I haven't wrapped a single gift to put under the tree. I need to make sure their Nana can watch them so I can get everything wrapped that needs to be wrapped. I also need to figure out what to do Christmas Eve, I work so I won't get home until after 6, and we need to bake cookies for Santa (Cody loves using cookie cutters and decorating his choo choo cookies.) I'm sure Brendan will help out in eating the cookies we don't put out for Santa!

I'm still having a hard time adapting to Christmas in Florida. I don't know if it is from growing up in the Midwest, but I feel like it should be cold over Christmas. I got all excited today when I let Copper out and it was cold, I also immediately scolded myself for not being out running in such perfect weather. I checked the weather and this little cold snap will be history tomorrow. Christmas day the forecast is for sun and highs around 80.

I am hoping to run tonight (which is why I slept in this morning) after I get my new shoes! I'm so excited, I checked UPS this morning and they have been delivered!!! I'm waiting on Sueann to see if she is willing to cut her doctor recommended rest by 1.5 days, I know I'm a bad influence! I don't know how my body will handle going back to night running, I normally can't do it because of child care issues, but since this is the holidays and everyone but me is home...

No comments:

Post a Comment